The Volkswagen Polo is not just a pretty face. It’s a highly efficient engine. It’s more legroom, headroom and luggage space. It’s advanced safety and technology. It’s the winner of the Drive Car of the Year 2021 Best City Car, and better than ever before.
The Polo flaunts confidence with expressive body lines, complemented with eye-catching 16” alloys and trapezoidal-shaped tail lights. Functionality remains just as strong with clever features like electrically heated and adjustable exterior mirrors that come standard across the Polo range.
Move with the times and say goodbye to analogue. The Digital Cockpit is a 10.25" high-resolution digital screen that places a variety of information in front of your eyes. From traditional gauges to navigation, everything you need to know is right behind the steering wheel.
The Polo makes driving on busy motorways a breeze. At the touch of a button, the optional Adaptive Cruise Control6 uses a radar to sense your distance from the vehicle in front5. The system automatically brakes or accelerates while maintaining the same distance from the vehicle, and with the addition of the optional DSG dual clutch transmission, it can bring your vehicle to a complete stop if need be.
The brilliant 8” infotainment system features App-Connect4 that allows you to seamlessly connect compatible apps from your smartphone to your Polo with Apple CarPlay® or Android Auto™. This makes calling friends, pumping your favourite tunes and accessing maps a lot easier on the road.
Just when you thought it couldn’t get any better, it does. Lose the cords and enjoy freedom with Wireless App-Connect.
With a gorgeous 20.3cm (8") glass touchscreen monitor, the Composition Media system is a delight to use. Featuring multiple USB-C ports and Bluetooth® phone and media connectivity, the six rich-sounding speakers will have you sitting in your parked Polo just to hear the end of a song.
Time to turn those lazy Sundays into adventures. Use the Discover Navigation system to find new restaurants, attractions and more. You can also decide whether you would like to see the navigation map in the Digital Cockpit, or have the classic view on the system display.
A second set of eyes
You’ll always know what’s going on around you with the optional Blind Spot Monitor6. With sensors detecting proximity to other vehicles, a handy LED display in your door mirror warns you of vehicles in your blind spot.
Parking is also made easier, with the reverse camera that displays what’s behind you on your dashboard screen, along with overlaid guidelines to help you judge distances.
Playing it safe
Now you and other road users are safer than ever before with the Polo. If Front Assist detects a possible collision, it lets you know with an acoustic and visual warning and prepares the car for emergency braking. It also detects pedestrians about to cross your path. If you don’t react after the warning, the system steps in to slow the car down, with the aim of fully avoiding a collision or reducing its impact5.
The Polo is German Engineered to the highest of safety standards. ANCAP (Australasian New Car Assessment Program) are the leading independent vehicle safety advocate. If you’d like more details, head to their website and read their safety report on the Polo:
It’s all in the details when it comes to the Polo’s finessed interior. With a bold redesigned dashboard, premium leather steering wheel, and an overall sense of spaciousness, the Polo’s interior is another benchmark in interior car design.
Sometimes bigger is better. That’s why the Polo is longer, wider, and has an increased wheelbase, meaning even more headroom and legroom for you and your passengers. An impressive 305-351 litres boot space also means you can shop till you drop, or pack everything you need to head off on your next vacation.
The optional Driver Assistance package5 for the Polo delivers intelligent driver assistance systems to help you deal with critical situations, or even avoid them. Even if you don’t always notice this technology, it feels good to know it’s got your back.
1. Fuel consumption figures according to ADR 81/02 derived from laboratory testing. Factors including but not limited to driving style, road and traffic conditions, environmental influences, vehicle condition and accessories fitted, will in practice in the real world lead to figures which generally differ from those advertised. Advertised figures are meant for comparison amongst vehicles only.
2. Digital Cockpit is available with the optional Sound and Vision package.
3. Wireless App-Connect featuring wireless Apple CarPlay® & wireless Android Auto™ is compatible for selected apps with the latest smartphone versions of iOS and Android, active data service required, optional connection cable (sold separately).
5. Safety technologies are designed to assist the driver, but should not be used as a substitute for safe driving practices.
6. Adaptive Cruise Control and Blind Spot Monitoring are available as part of the optional Driver Assistance Package on Comfortline, Style and GTI variants.
7. The R-Line package is available on Comfortline variant only.
8. Optional accessories at extra cost. Overseas models are shown for illustrative purposes only. The above accessories may have an effect on fuel efficiency. Items such as sports equipment, cargo carriers and bike racks are shown for illustration purposes only.
9. The Volkswagen Universal Traffic Recorder App (UTR App) is only for use in combination with the Universal Traffic Recorder (UTR/Dashcam) of Volkswagen Genuine Accessories. Its capabilities include live viewing, data management, a car finder function and being able to adjust the recorder’s settings. All functions of the Volkswagen UTR app require an active data service between the Universal Traffic Recorder and your smartphone. Configurations vary by model (Front only or Front/Rear camera). Consult your local Volkswagen Dealer for further information.